White Trees Group are an established specialist care provider who provide short and long-term Residential and Educational services for children aged 11-18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We believe that in both our homes and schools we provide a flexible approach to delivering a rounded solution to support the most challenging of cases.
The Wellbeing Team utilise an embedded consultation model to empower professionals, families and young people to apply the psychology underpinning learning to drive real change.
The Wellbeing Team support engaging the young people in both their homes, community and education setting. In this way, the therapeutic approach is to focus on identifying what is working well and what needs support to change using a joint problem-solving approach. The young person will undertake thorough assessments using a variety of standardised and non-standardised tests, including cognitive assessments, and comprehensive reports and recommendations compiled to support future engagement and learning success upon completion of the programme.
The Return to Learn Project is a service which can be utilised and commissioned by Local Authorities to provide a detailed assessment of the pupil’s needs, both academically and psychologically. The programme is aimed at transitioning young people back into full time education and to support in building brighter happier futures.
Summary of Responsibilities
· To provide tuition and academic supports to the pupil’s whilst their assessments are undertaken
· To assist in assessments, interventions, and evaluation reports for young people for the Return to Learn Programme as part of the Wellbeing Team. This will include providing 1:1 and small group interventions
· To provide a therapeutic approach in returning the pupil to a learning environment, supporting them to develop academically, but also develop resilience and coping strategies to support barriers that often impact engagement
· To provide an environment to ensure that individual pupils are safeguarded in their current setting
· To offer structure and routine to the pupils to support in transitioning them back into education, providing much needed respite for carers and families
· Support pupils to re-build positive experiences within the learning environment, interactions with peers both within an education environment, and that of the local community
· To liaise with Professionals and families, for example, Social Workers and CAMHS / EWMHS to ensure effective communication around therapeutic input for pupils where needed to support in LAC Reviews and Placement Meetings
· 28 days holiday
· Auto enrolment pension scheme
· Refer a friend bonus £500
· Monthly loyalty bonus after 3 years
· Access to the Wellbeing team for Continuous Professional Development
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). 24-hour confidential support help line & counselling
· 30% discount on pay & play at the Herts & Essex Sports Centre
Who are we looking for?
If you are caring, self-motivated and possess the skills to engage and build relationships with young people. Have experience or a good understanding of challenging behaviour and de-escalation strategies, have strong professional boundaries and want a purposeful and rewarding job, we would like to hear from you!
Life at WhiteTrees Group