White Trees School are currently recruiting SEMH Tutors to work with KS3, 4 & 5 pupils.
White Trees is an independent school that specialises in working with pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH).
We are looking for SEMH Tutors who have experience working within this field.
We are linked closely to multiple School sites within the Group and share the same Headteacher and Senior Management Team. However each site has its own Lead, team of Teachers, Tutors and TA’s.
Although the sites operate separately on the whole, students and staff do cross between sites to access various activities and learning opportunities.
We are currently looking to expand our current team in line with the school’s growth plan.
About the Role
- To mentor and build strong and trusting relationships with KS3/4 children aged between 11 and 16yrs
- Assisting on a day to day basis with the Planning and Teaching to GCSE Level
- Delivering creative learning off site at times, at various locations including the library, local gyms and parks
- Identifying pupils needs to assist them in engaging in education
- Experience of educating pupil’s to GCSE level or equivalent
- HLTA not essential but advantageous
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Teaching Assistant
- Experience working with young people with EBD/SEMH
- Evidence of creative teaching
- Career Progression
- Company induction, including physical intervention training (NFPS)
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus £500 *
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). 24-hour confidential support help line & counselling
- 30% discount on pay & play at the Herts & Essex Sports Centre
- Ongoing Continuous Personal Development
* TOB Applies