We are an established care provider who provide short and long-term residential services for children aged 11-18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Our homes have all recently been awarded Good or Outstanding by Ofsted and due to the opening of two new residential care homes, we are recruiting for multiple positions.
Your aim whilst caring for our looked after children in our children’s home will be to build trusting positive relationships and a nurturing environment that replaces a family home.
This role is unique. With training and support you will develop the skills required to embed our therapeutic approach and support the children to live in an environment which is not only safe and nurturing but also enables the growth and development of our looked after children.
You will need to be caring by nature but also strong and boundaried to be able to hold and support our children through the hardest of times. We are looking for tough, resilient professionals who are willing to join us on the journey of a life time. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace; we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues with our in-house training programmes.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Our role is to prepare the young people in our residential homes for life after care, ensuring that they all have the necessary skills and knowledge to live independently and lead meaningful and rewarding adult lives. It is our role to safeguard them whilst in our care, dealing with a manner of risks and challenging behaviour associated with young people who have often suffered trauma and loss.
Personal skills & abilities required:
· Caring. flexible and responsive in order to meet our Young People’s needs, which may change day to day and over time
· An active listener
· Supportive, non-judgmental and have an approachable and open manner
· Respectful, honest, and fair
· Hardworking, adaptable, and innovative in your attitude to work
· Trustworthy and reliable
· Communicate clearly and precisely with your colleagues, Young People, their family, friends and representatives, and other professionals
· Cope well with pressurised and potentially difficult situations
· Good time management practices
· Good IT literacy
· Hold a full driving license
· QCF Level 3 essential
· 28 days holiday
· Career progression through our internal succession programme, with regulatory qualifications (QCF level 3 & 5)
· 5-day induction, including physical intervention training (NFPS)
· Auto enrolment pension scheme
· Refer a friend bonus £500
· Monthly loyalty bonus after 3 years
· Access to the Wellbeing team for Continuous Professional Development
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). 24-hour confidential support help line & counselling
· 30% discount on pay & play at the Herts & Essex Sports Centre
Who are we looking for?
If you are caring, self-motivated and possess the skills to engage and build relationships with young people. Have experience of challenging behaviour and de-escalation strategies, have strong professional boundaries and want a purposeful and rewarding job, we would like to hear from you!
Please feel free to call 07903 381768 to speak to someone directly in our recruitment team.
Life at WhiteTrees Group